We’re keeping it safe for our customers and our team
Over the years (we’re almost 10!) we have continually been blown away by the community spirit of Bike n’ Blend customers and staff. In the face of COVID-19, we’re all now being challenged, but we can get through this together.
We are now fully operational in all of our locations (NSW, QLD and VIC)
We’d like to share with you how we’re responding to the current situation to keep you, our staff and the public safe.
What we’re doing
We take the health and safety of our customers, riders, employees and the broader community very seriously. We have instituted a range of precautionary measures for additional safety and peace-of-mind, including:
- Regularly obtaining advice from Government health authorities and adapting our processes as necessary;
- We fully clean and sanitise all equipment before and after each event (and between each rider). So you can rest assured that hiring us is safe during this difficult time;
- We have a hand sanitizer stand for each rider to use before riding;
- We have set up clearly marked physical distance posts;
- We provide covers on all food prep areas;
- For unstaffed event packages we offer contactless delivery;
- For Victorian events wearing a face mask is now a condition of using our bikes for indoor events (unless you are exempt);
- All employees and contractors have been advised to stay at home if they are feeling unwell or suspect that they may have come into contact with COVID-19;
- We are operating in all usual locations now (NSW, QLD and VIC)
- We are a registered as a COVID safe business in all states we are operating in
Safety for our teams
We’ve always been passionate about the safety and wellbeing for our amazing team, now more than ever. Our VIC and NSW staff will wear face masks during events. We supply face masks to our team at each start of their shift if needed, along with guidelines on how to wear them effectively.
Our team physically distance themselves from each other at all times during their shift.
What you can do
- Keep yourself and others safe by following the rules set out by Government authorities;
- Please don’t use our bikes if you are feeling unwell or suspect you may have COVID-19, are in mandated self-isolation or have returned from overseas in the last 14 days;
- Practice good hygiene as the health authorities advise: Keep your hands clean; wash using soap and water, or use hand sanitiser before each ride. Cover your mouth for coughs or sneezes and avoid touching your face; and
- Please support and care for our team members when they are working for you.
Need more information?
We have been advised that the best source of up-to-date information is the health.gov site. We also encourage anyone seeking further advice or information to call the Australian Government Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080.
As we all know, this is a quickly evolving situation and we are re-assessing our approach daily to ensure it is as effective as possible. We understand that your event plans may change quickly and want to remind you that Bike n’ Blend has reduced the cancellation policy (from 7 days notice to 2 days) as we know how difficult this time is. We’re committed to acting proactively to support our customers and our communities as we all navigate this uncertain period and will keep you informed of any developments as needed.
We look forward to working with you to bring joy and wellbeing back to your workplace or event. If you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch.
Thanks, and stay safe — The Bike n’ Blend Team
Date Reviewed: 23/11/2020