Eco Dish can provide everything you need for reusable dishes at events – no more need for any single use paper or plastic!
We provide cups, plates, bowls, knifes, forks and spoons
- We provide cups, plates, bowls, knifes, forks and spoons to food vendors. Customers buy their food/drink from vendors
- Return dishes to a Eco Dish bin (near food stalls and around sites)
- Collection bins are collected at the end of the event
- We clean dishes offsite
Say “no” to single use!
This is where the future is heading – we need to reuse before recycling. When are reusable products better than single use?
Total Environmental Impact = Cost of Production + Cost of Life span + Cost of Post use
- Production – the energy, emissions and resources to make and transport the product
- Life span – the number of times the product is used and how it is washed
- Post-use – can the dish be recycled or composted
How much does it cost?
At the moment we are able to service events that are 200 people or less. The cost is $1.75+GST per person for events up to 200 people. Plus optional delivery and set up. Please contact us for a quote.
For events larger than 200 people please email us (with at least two months before your event) and we will be in touch with a quote.
- Cutlery, bowls, plates and cups
- Info and order sheet for food vendors
- Collection points (bins)
Frequently asked questions
Who contacts vendors?
After making a booking with us we will send you an order form to send to your vendors. Once you receive all forms back please send the completed order form to us. The vendor can contact us directly to ask questions if they wish (our contact details are on the vendor information guide).
What if Eco Dish can’t supply all types of dishes required by food vendors?
We are trying our best to cover the most popular items but we understand that sometimes there are things that fall out of this scoop. We will take note of which items are in demand to continue to meet vendor’s needs in the future. We would encourage the vendor to trial using our provided dishes, otherwise as a last resort they could resort back to their single use packaging.
What if we run out of dishes ie the event is busier than expected?
We totally understand how hard it is to know how many people will attend your event (as we have been in this industry for over 9 years!) In the case that there are still not enough dishes, we advise the food vendors (in the food vendor guide) to make up the difference using their single use packaging.
How do I let food vendors know we are using Eco Dish at our event?
Once you make the booking with us we will send you a food vendors information guide that will inform vendors about how Eco Dish works, answer common questions and have an order form attached. Please contact food vendors well ahead of your event so we have time to arrange your Eco Dish requirements.
How will the public know we are using reusable dishes?
We will have signs around the event site both at food stalls and at collection points (bins). You can play a part in promoting the service (and educating people beforehand) in all of your pre-event promotions. The more people know about it, the less dishes we will lose, and the less waste we will create!
What will be provided?
Vendors will have the option to choose from:
- 12oz cup
- 18oz bowl
- 10” plate
What if more than 10% of dishes are lost?
We factor in a maximum of 10% loss for each event. We hope it will be less than this of course. If more than 10% is lost we will invoice you for the additional lost items.
Why use reusable dishes?
We have all been putting the planet under huge pressure with our current lifestyles. It is time to change our habits to make a difference and reduce our collective waste output. Let’s start by cutting out single use cutlery, plates, bowls and cups!
When are reusable products better than single use?
Total Environmental Impact = Cost of production + Cost of life span + Cost of post-use
- Production = the energy, emissions and resources to make and transport the product;
- Life span = the number of times the product is used and how it is washed;
- Post-use = can the dish be recycled or composted or is it thrown out immediately?
How it works
- We provide you with cups, plates, bowls, knives, forks and spoons at the beginning of the event. Customers buy their food/drink from you.
- Customers will return used dishes to an Eco Dish bin (near food stalls and next to other event bins). Any unused dishes can also be placed in and Eco Dish bin at the end of the event
- Eco Dish bins are collected by us at the end of the event
- We clean dishes offsite
What if I need something that you don’t supply?
We are trying our best to cover most popular items but we understand that sometimes there are things that fall out of this scoop. In this case please resort back to singe use packaging.
What if we run out of dishes?
We can totally understand how hard it is to know how many orders you may receive. In this case we advise that you ask another food vendor if they have any dishes available or you resort back to single use packaging.
What about lids and straws?
We do not supply these. We have found that people have not requested them. We find (after a little inspiration and education) people are usually very happy to play their part too.
Can the dishes be put in the microwave or dishwasher?
Yes they can
- We have over nine years of event experience so we know how to make sure every detail is covered and how to work at busy festivals
- We are a team of passionate event staff who will make you stand out in a sustainable, fun and safe way
- We want to make a difference to the planet by reducing waste instead of trying to recycle it. We thus offset carbon production that our vans and office make